The tender is earmarked for employment-generating business ventures that promote alternative development in the region´s mining areas. | The period for presenting applications closes on 3rd September.
The MINER 2015 funding has returned another year running with the aim of reviving mining areas in Asturias with alternative business ventures for coal mining, capable of generating employment and implementing new initiatives that can jump-start the economy in these areas. The period for presenting applications ends on 3rd September 2015.
These projects should be located in municipalities that have been affected by mining conversion, and that are specified by IDEPA in the document “Ámbito territorial MINER 2014-2018”. Specifically, it involves 51 municipalities which fall into two different groups, depending on the level of intensity that the restructuration of coal mining has on its economy.
- Group 1: Municipalities deeply affected by the mine closure process.
- Group 2: Remaining municipalities affected by the mining closure process
Companies that can access MINER 2015 funding
Any company that complies with the requirements published in the section corresponding to MINER funding on the IDEPA portal, which, comprehensively and depending on both national and community regulations, include all economic activities with the following exceptions:
- Steel and synthetic fibre sector, as well as fishing and agriculture and the transportation sector.
- Activities related to the energy and airport sectors.
- Companies in difficulty.
- Projects included in service sectors, apart from industrial support services, rural tourism, leisure, the environment and free time, as well as services targeting the development of the information society, innovation and new technologies.
- Business activities undertaken in bars, restaurants, car concessionaries, retail trade, laundrettes, hair salons, dry cleaning, professional offices and consulting, housing or land promotion companies, estate agencies, construction, employment agencies, temporary employment agencies, betting agencies.
- Activities related to exportation in certain cases, and the use of national products instead of imported goods.
What is subsidised?
The funding comprises economic support for a series of concepts, such as land acquisition, utility extension and connection, urbanisation and exterior works, civil works, capital goods, planning works and intangible assets, among others.
Amount of subsidisation
To access funding, the projects must have a minimum eligible investment of 100,000 euros. Depending on the municipality in which the project is to be based, the percentages of maximum funding are as follows:
|Type of Company||Max. % municipal funding Appendix I||Max. % municipal funding Appendix II|
|Small Companies||30 %||15 %|
|Medium Companies||20 %||10 %|
|Large Companies||10 %||5%|