Thanks to a new contract in Latin America, its activity outside of Spain amounts to 97% of its total turnover.
The Gijon-based TSK company has over 30 years of experience in the industrial and energy sectors. Established as a public limited company in 1986, it was the first engineering company to be listed on the Spanish stock market, just as it affirms on its website.
TSK’s backing for internationalisation over the past 5 years has proven fruitful for the company, which is already involved in numerous projects in 35 countries around the world. In 2011, 71% of its turnover originated from international markets, with the remaining 29% resulting from its activity in Spain. In 2012 its importance on the international stage increased, to reach 85% of its turnover, with its maximum figure achieved in the 2015 fiscal year, when 97% of its global activity originated from the international market.
This international expansion has taken the company to exponentially increase its turnover, which was 348 million in 2011, and at this mid-point of the year this figure has reached over 700 million euros thanks to contracts in markets in the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. This information from the current fiscal year almost reaches the total figure from the 2015 fiscal year of 740 million euros.
Implicit to the growth of TSK is the increase in its staff base. During these past five years of expansion into foreign markets, company personnel numbers increased from 735 employees in 2011 to 890 people in 2015. Given the positive data in terms of the current 2016 fiscal year, the staff base is expected to continue along this constant growth pattern.
Of the 890 employees in 2015, 75% are engineers and project managers; 18% work in erection and maintenance; 4% corresponds to corporate services; and the remaining 3% are electrical workshop personnel.
New consortium with Siemens in Bolivia
The Asturian company has just sealed the biggest project in its history in Bolivia. It involves three contracts within the energy sector that will be undertaken in a consortium alongside the German company Siemens. The project will entail an investment of 1,050 million euros with the two companies set to divide 50% of the total.
Therefore, TSK is to participate in the project with 500 million euros, and it will be based on the construction in three complete combined cycles, with a combined power of 1,200 MW. The Asturian company will not just face the biggest work in its history, but the move will also enable the company to increase its presence in the energy sector, which according to its data, already constitutes 65% of its activity.
TSK’s clear expansion over recent years into the international energy sector can be seen in its participation in energy-production based projects in Dubai, Kuwait, Jordan and Mexico, among others.
The Asturian-based TSK has over 30 years of experience in the industrial sector and claims to be the first engineering company to be listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange.