economic promotion in asturias
The Economic Development Agency of the Principality of Asturias (IDEPA) is a Public Body, dependent on the Asturian Regional Government..The IDEPA takes on the role of intermediary between companies and the different departments
from the regional and national government, company promotion entities, R&D&i support infrastructures, financial entities and finally, the agents that should intervene in a company project.
The IDEPA is the main instrument for economic promotion in the region, which breaks down as:
Assessing the projects presented by companies and investors with the
aim of establishing the most suitable support system for each one.
Developing industrial infrastructures and promoting the R&D&i and globalisation of companies in the region.
Capturing new projects which strengthen the Asturian business fabric
and creating loyalty from investments made in the region.
support for investors
IDEPA has over 30 years of experience in supporting companies and entrepreneurs, as well as promoting Asturias as a location for investment. It provides companies with an analysis and aid service from a technical-financial division, offering specialized attention to new investors that wish to establish in Asturias throughout all phases of the project.
ANALYSIS PHASE OF THE INVESTMENT/PROJECT
- General information about the region and areas of interest for
- Specific information for the project: industrial land/ceiling,
potential partners, human resources, training, financing and financial aid, industrial property, supplies and subcontracting, etc.
- Help for investors during their visits to the region.
- Representation and coordination of agendas with companies
or institutions of interest to the investor.
IMPLEMENTATION AND DEVELOPMENT PHASE
- Information about the necessary administrative procedures to follow.
- Managing meetings with the competent governments.
- Specialised advice in asking for financial aid and subsidies on a regional, national and international level.
- Promotion of company participation in European programmes.
- Intermediation with the sector, Cluster and company support
entities and R&D&i infrastructures available in the region.
- Advice in the design and financing of specific training programmes, especially for the incorporation of companies into information and communication technologies.
FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMMES FOR COMPANIES
During 2017, the IDEPA designated funds of over 19 million euros to the promotion of businesses. The lines of aid are centred on supporting productive investment, R&D&i. globalisation, the promotion of Cluster, the creation of Technology-Based Companies (TBCs) and improving industrial
infrastructures, as well as specific programmes for locomotive companies.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF REGIONAL STRATEGIES
The IDEPA is in charge of piloting the design of Strategies for the regional government, such as the RIS3- Research and Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy approved in 2014 and backed by the European Commission.
Priority areas have been outlined within this framework: Advanced and sustainable materials; new production models; supplies; technology for networks; Asturias Industrial Steel Post; food and agricultural markets and; demographic ageing and quality of life.
INVESTOR SUPPORT ENTITIES
The IDEPA develops its activity in coordination with the following instruments of company promotion, taken part by regional administrations:
Public venture capital firm. Share capital participation and concession of loans, preferably participative.
Foreign Promotion Agency of the Principality of Asturias
International promotion of Asturian companies.